|Costa Rica's Lapa Rios Eco Resort|
Are you gearing up for a grand getaway? Luckily, the makers of my favorite guidebooks - Lonely Planet - has named its "Top 10 Eco Stays for 2014." And isn't this a doozy.... one of my former travel clients, Costa Rica's Lapa Rios Eco Resort, tops the list (woo-hoo!).
The winners were selected by Lonely Planet authors and editors; and these folks have seen a resort or two in their day. It goes without saying that they're stamp of approval is a confident one.
Who else made the list?
1. Lapa Rios, Peninsula de Osa, Costa Rica
2. Bulungula Backpackers, Dwesa Nature Reserve, South Africa
3. Chole Mjini, Chole Island, Mafia Archipelago, Tanzania
4. Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, Aguas Calientes, Peru
5. EcoLodge Chepu Adventures
6. Maison Anglaise, Taroudant, Morocco
7. Earthship Rentals, Taos, New Mexico, U.S.
8. Dana Guest House, King's Highway, Jordan
9. Nuli Sapi, Milne Bay, Papua New Guinea
10. Baikaler Eco-Hostel, Listvyanka, Siberia, Russia
Have you made it to any of these properties? And if so, would it rank in your top 10?